Thursday, August 23, 2012

Academic Adviser for the IR Major

Posted by Martha Greer

Welcome to the NEW international relations major and congratulations on your excellent choice!  I hope you all had an enjoyable summer and are ready for the start of the University of Iowa’s fall 2012 semester!   My name is Martha Greer and I am the academic advisor for the new International Relations major.  I work in conjunction with the international relations faculty to help our students make the most of the opportunities available to them.  You can see me for:
·         Advisor signatures on add/drop and other university-related forms
·         Questions about course registration
·         Questions or problems with your degree audit
·         Academic probation
·         Opportunities for Honors students
·         Discussions regarding adding second majors, minors, certificate programs
·         Information regarding campus resources for students
·         Other questions or concerns you may have.  If I am not the right person to talk to, I will be able to get you to the right person!

My office is located in the CLAS Undergraduate Advising Office in 21 Schaeffer Hall and I encourage you to come see me whenever you have a question.

·         For quick questions feel free to email me at: Martha-greer@uiowa.edu

·         I encourage all students to schedule an appointment with me at least once each semester to review their progress toward graduation and discuss all the ways they can maximize their time on campus.  To schedule an appointment with me call 319-384-1328. 

·         During the first two weeks of classes I will hold extended drop-in hours.  If you need an add or drop slip signed or have other questions, you can drop in during the following hours with no appointment:
o   Monday, August 20 – Friday, August 24th:   8:30 – noon and 1:00-4:30 p.m.
o   Monday, August 27 – Tuesday, August 28th:  8:30 – noon and 1:00-4:30 p.m.
o   Wednesday, August 29th:  1:00-4:30 p.m.
o   Thursday, August 30th: 8:30 a.m. – noon and 1:00-4:30 p.m.
o   Friday, August 31st:  8:30 – noon and 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
I look forward to meeting you soon and again, welcome to the international relations major!

No comments: